Mon, Sep 14|
Virtual Collaboration in a Global Setting
Do you want to excel how your global projects are run? You want to include all voices in a productive dialog in your global teams? In the online workshop Virtual Collaboration in a Global Setting we will be focusing on working remotely, driving projects from a distance, facilitating engaging online
Time & Location
Sep 14, 2020, 6:00 AM PDT – Oct 05, 2020, 8:00 AM PDT
About the event
In the online workshop Virtual Collaboration in a Global Setting we will be focusing on working remotely, driving projects from a distance, facilitating engaging online meetings AND we will work on these aspects adding the global lenses of cultural awareness and cross-cultural communication. The workshop consists of 4 online sessions each 2 hours long.
The workshop gives you:
- Theoretical insights about the virtual premise
- Ready-to-use advice on how to prepare and facilitate engaging online meetings
- Tools to strengthen remote team performance and online collaboration
- Techniques on how to make all voices heard in the virtual context
- Knowledge to build trust as a cultural investigator
- Insights to use the practical 4R cultural model as a cultural GPS
- Tips on how to adapt your cross-cultural communication with remote colleagues
The workshop Virtual Collaboration in a Global Setting is relevant for you who works in a global context with international colleagues/partners and often facilitate virtual meetings, you do online events and/or drive global projects with a distributed team.
4 online sessions @ 3-5pm CET on Sep 14, 21, 28 and Oct 5, 2020.
The workshop is delivered in English with a maximum of 12 participants.
The workshop is offered as an open enrolment learning opportunity. Participants from different companies, various industries and countries will be learning together.
A pre-workshop survey is sent to all participants to learn about individual experiences and challenges. The survey inputs are used to customize the workshop design and to fit needs expressed.
During the workshop interactive exercises, breakout group discussions, and group dialog using whiteboards are utilized with the core focus of involving all participants and maintaining a high level of engagement. A range of different online tools will be used and demonstrated for inspiration.
Participants should plan for approx. 1.5 hours of prep work per week as articles and videos will be assigned to view and discuss with learning partners between the scheduled 4 sessions.
Bringing your new learning back to your work is essential. Throughout the workshop we focus on how new knowledge can be translated into skills: What will you do differently with your team? Which habits will you change in your online work – and how?
Content of the 4 sessions
#1 The online context
- Kick-off and setting the stage
- Understanding the online premise
- The role of the remote facilitator/team lead
- How to create engagement in virtual meetings
#2 The global context
- Increase cultural awareness
- Understanding unconscious bias and how to mitigate biases
- The 4R cultural model. Learn questions to consider and easy-to-use ways to compare cultures
- Make fair cultural comparisons to improve virtual projects and strengthen team development
#3 Online team collaboration
- How to make collaboration agreements virtually
- Develop remote high-performance teams and colleagues
- Constantly improve dialog and performance in the remote team
- Building trust and creating connectivity
#4 Cross-cultural communication and information flow
- Understand differences in communication around the world
- Techniques to adapting cross-cultural communication
- Listen for the silence
- Making sure all voices are heard in the online meetings
It is possible to receive additional 1:1 coaching sessions to maximize implementation of the workshop learnings back at work.
Senior Global Facilitators
The workshop is designed and delivered by a specialist duo on intercultural and remote collaboration.
Line Mørkbak is C3 Consulting’s expert on online work practices. Her focus areas are virtual facilitation, online tool savviness and virtual collaboration team practices. She also supports clients on global mindset and global leadership.
Annette Dahl is founder and managing director of C3. She is lead facilitator on global mindset and expat culture trainings, as well as keynote speaker on cultural intelligence and global team development. Annette is the mastermind behind C3’s popular concept and models.
Annette is the author of the book ‘Global Perspectives: A Practical Guide to Navigating Across Cultures’. Line contributed to the book with a detailed chapter dedicated to collaboration in a virtual work environment.
Registration & Price
Register for the workshop via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com latest Sep 7, 2020
Virtual Collaboration in a Global Setting @ 3-5pm CET on Sep 14, 21, 28 and Oct 5, 2020.
Early Bird pricing: 5.000 DKK/$755 per person (sign-up by Aug 1)
Late Bird / Regular pricing: 5.700 DKK/$860 per person (sign-up after Aug 1, 2020)
- Prep email including survey and links to pre-reads
- 2 senior level global facilitators
- 4 dynamic online 2-hour sessions
- Additional content delivered via email in between sessions
- Written follow-up after the workshop
- Free copy of C3’s book: ‘Global Perspectives: A Practical Guide to Navigating across Cultures’
- Option to add 1:1 follow-up coaching at the special fee of 1.900 DKK/$285 per hour (if booked during the workshop)